ROWI can look back on an eventful company history which is more than 130 years long: the jewellery factory (which dates back to the year 1885) was almost completely destroyed during the Second World War, but was rebuilt afterwards. ROWI found its core product with the invention of the Fixoflex watchband in 1952, which enabled it to achieve its international breakthrough. Today, the company combines its traditional roots with innovative business management.
Foundation of the jewellery factory ROWI by Eugen Rodi and Wilhelm Wienenberger in Pforzheim, Germany.
ROWI was incorporated into a stock corporation and was focusing on jewellery making until 1920.
The product range was expanded by watchcase manufacturing for pocket watches in 1920 and the manufacturing of wristwatch-cases and metal watchbands in 1929.
The corporate building in Pforzheim was nearly completely destroyed by a bombing and rebuilt in the following year.
ROWI invented the expandable watchband Fixoflex® , until that date a completely new product in the watchband industry. Fixoflex ® was patented and marked the beginning of a new chapter in the history of ROWI.
ROWI becomes partner of several internationally well-known watchbrands to manufacture watchcases with/without integrated metal watchbands in superior design and high quality.
With this quality ROWI exhibits since 1974 annually at Baselworld, the international prestigious fair for jewellery and watches.
ROWI exhibits at the Watch & Clock in Hong Kong for the first time. Since then ROWI presents its products internationally.
ROWI changed its legal form from a stock corporation to a limited company and Mr. Horst Dangelmayer took the company over as new general manager.
The new designed factory at Stuttgarter street in Pforzheim serves as manufacturing- and administration building.
ROWI establishes a new business unit and offers precision-, turned- and milled parts since 2000.